Guillem Balague explains why Brahim Diaz to Real Madrid was 'no brainer'

Reports of users scamming belong here.
chanoudom

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:41 am

Guillem Balague explains why Brahim Diaz to Real Madrid was 'no brainer'

BRAHIM DIAZ sboasia leaving Manchester City to join Real Madrid was a ‘no brainer’. That’s the verdict of Spanish football expert Guillem Balague, who says Los Blancos doubled the offer City put on the table for the 19-year-old. Diaz completed the £15.5m switch on Monday and made his Bernabeu debut on Wednesday, coming off the bench in a 3-0 win over Leganes. He had only made five Premier League appearances for Pep Guardiola’s side prior to the move.“In the case of Brahim Diaz that’s interesting because of course people will say: ‘Manchester City have let another superstar go after Jadon Sancho,’” he told BBC Radio 5 Live’s Football Daily podcast.

“They knew he was going, City knew he was going because you can only sign players at 17 [on a] professional contract for a three-year deal, so when they get to 19 if they haven’t played enough, they will go.“So Brahim has said that, Real Madrid showed interest and of course he thinks it is in such a disarray right now, I go there for six months, I play, I score and then the world is my oyster. “With that in mind, sboasia and three million euros net, which is double what Manchester City were offering him, for a five-and-a-half year deal, in a way it’s a no brainer for Brahim Diaz, but he’s 19.

I don’t think he even knows how good he is, it’s a big step to get himself into the shop window that much at Real Madrid when he had the possibility of keep developing at Manchester City.” Over the past five years, Real have distanced themselves from their ‘Galactico’ transfer policy that involves signing a superstar name for a hefty fee. sboasia Instead, the club have decided to splash the cash on younger talent - targeting Spain’s under-21 side who won the European Championship. It remains to be seen whether Los Blancos president Florentino Perez decides to bring in a marquee signing this summer, with the likes of Eden Hazard and Neymar reportedly on their radar.