Order Bupropion * which is cheaper bupropion or zyban

Marketplace for buying and selling other digital goods with no specified category.
hongwei28

Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:37 am

Matt Forte spent the past few weeks weighing his difficult decision – to continue a terrific playing career or walk away from the game he loves.

On Wednesday Juuse Saros Jersey , one of the NFL’s most versatile running backs carried the ball for the final time.

The 32-year-old Forte announced his retirement from playing after 10 NFL seasons in a humble and heartfelt statement to Sports Spectrum that he also sent on Twitter and Instagram.

”It’s time for the workhorse to finally rest in his stable,” Forte wrote.

He had one year remaining on his contract with the Jets, but knee issues during his two seasons in New York, as well as his age, made him a likely salary cap casualty this offseason.

Instead, Forte went out on his own terms.

”For the past 10 years, I’ve been blessed to play professionally a game that I’ve loved since I was 6 years old,” Forte wrote. ”But after much prayer and reflection, I’ve decided to retire from the NFL.”

The move saves the Jets $3 million on their salary cap – the same amount if they had released him.

Forte’s 9,796 yards rushing rank him 33rd on the NFL’s career list. He also had 554 receptions, including setting the league record for running backs with 102 catches in 2014.

The two-time Pro Bowl selection’s 14,468 yards from scrimmage over the past 10 years are the most of any NFL player during that span.

Forte spent his first eight seasons with Chicago after being drafted in the second round out of Tulane in 2008. With the Bears, he established himself as one of the best all-around running backs in the league as an electrifying presence who could make plays running or catching the ball out of the backfield.

Forte ran for more than 1,000 yards in five of his eight seasons with Chicago, and caught at least 50 passes six times.

”The roar of the crowd at Soldier Field as I’d break a run or make a big catch Youth Matt Irwin Jersey ,” Forte wrote, ”will forever be ingrained in my mind.”

He became a free agent after the 2015 season, and the Jets signed him to a three-year, $12 million contract.

Forte led New York with 813 yards rushing, but it was a career low for the running back who ended the season on injured reserve. He had arthroscopic surgery on the knee at the end of the 2016 season to repair a torn meniscus.

Forte was ready for the season opener, but swelling in the knee worsened last November and Forte said he was ”basically playing on one leg” since. He ended up on injured reserve to end the season for the second straight year.

He had a career-low 381 yards rushing on just 103 carries last season and ran for two touchdowns, and also had 37 catches for 293 yards – the second-lowest totals of his career – and one TD.

Forte said late last season that he had no intentions of calling it a career, despite saying he did not produce ”up to standards.” But he changed his mind during the past few weeks.

”While my heart is a bit heavy as I close this chapter of my life,” Forte wrote, ”I am excited about what the future holds.”

Forte thanked his parents, wife, agent, the Bears, the Jets and the fans in his statement. He called his career ”a miracle” and said playing in Chicago allowed him ”to live out my childhood dream in playing for the Bears.”

The announcement drew several messages of congratulations and best wishes on social media from current and former teammates with the Jets and Bears. Fellow running backs on other teams such as DeMarco Murray and Mark Ingram also tweeted about Forte,

Former Bears center Olin Kreutz Roman Josi Jersey , who played with Forte for three seasons, called him ”one of the best all-around backs of his era , if not the best.”

Added former Bears fullback Jason McKie : ”I knew you were special the 1st day you set foot in Halas Hall.”

Jets safety Jamal Adams, a rookie last season, called Forte “a true class act.”

Former Bears coach Lovie Smith, who had Forte in his backfield from 2008-12, said “few players embody all-around success better than him! Proud to be his coach.”

For the Jets, Forte’s decision opens a spot in the backfield. Bilal Powell led New York with a career-high 772 yards rushing and five touchdowns, and caught 23 passes for 170 yards. He is signed through next season and is expected back.

The Jets also have Elijah McGuire, who had 315 yards rushing and a touchdown in his rookie season after being drafted in the sixth round out of Louisiana-Lafayette. Jeremy Langford, Jahad Thomas, Akeem Judd are also on the roster, but the Jets are likely to target a running back in free agency or in the draft in April.

A defense lawyer representing the former president of Pilot Flying J truck stop chain has made his closing arguments in a case in which four former employees of the chain are accused of conspiring to defraud customers in a rebate scam.

The Knoxville News Sentinel reports attorney Rusty Hardin told jurors Tuesday that the case is a civil matter and shouldn’t be in criminal court. Hardin’s client, Mark Hazelwood, has been on trial with the three others since November in U.S. District Court in Chattanooga. Hardin also said former sales executive Brian Mosher Viktor Arvidsson Jersey , who previously made a plea deal and testified for prosecutors, falsely accused Hazelwood.

Pilot Flying J is controlled by the family of Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam. The Haslams haven’t been charged with any wrongdoing. The governor has not been involved in the company in recent years.

Federal prosecutor Trey Hamilton presented his closing argument Monday, and former sales staffer Heather Jones’ attorney, Ben Vernia, argued her case Monday. Hamilton is to give a rebuttal argument Wednesday.

On Tuesday, attorney David Rivera said former Pilot Flying J Vice President Scott ”Scooter” Wombold was an honest supervisor. Rivera said Wombold didn’t realize Mosher wasn’t telling his customers that he was reducing their fuel discounts.

Former sales staffer Karen Mann’s lawyer, Jonathan Cooper, told jurors that Mann didn’t know her boss and his salesmen were lying to trucking companies about the cuts she made at former executive Arnie Ralenkotter’s command. Cooper said Mann never lied to anyone.

”She wanted to be part of a team,” Cooper said. ”She was not trying to cheat anyone.”

Ralenkotter, a former sales director, pleaded guilty and testified on the government’s behalf.

Information from: Knoxville News Sentinel,
hongwei28

Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:56 am

DENVER — Nolan Arenado has come roaring out of the longest drought of his career and will try to continue his offensive surge Saturday when the Colorado Rockies play host to the Miami Marlins.

A six-run fourth inning on Friday night helped the Rockies (38-38) get back to .500 for the first time since June 9 as Colorado beat the Marlins Brandon Linder Jersey , 11-3. It was their fourth straight win during a 4-1 homestand. The Rockies have clinched their first winning homestand of the season and improved to 15-20 at Coors Field.

The Marlins (29-47) fell to 3-4 on their current road trip that ends in Colorado. They yielded at least 10 runs for the 10th time this season and for the eighth time on the road, where their record is a National League-worst 15-26,

Arenado, an All-Star third baseman, went 3-for-4, hitting a two-run homer to cap the fourth inning outburst. It was his 17th homer and gave him home runs in four consecutive games, the second-longest streak of his career. He homered in a franchise-record six consecutive games from Sept. 1 to Sept. 5, 2015.

Arenado has gone 10-for-17 (.588) in his past four games with multiple hits in each one. Last Friday at Texas, he broke a 0-for-19 drought, the longest of his career, during his second at-bat.

Since ending that slide, Arenado is 15-for-33 (.455) with five doubles, five homers and 16 RBIs. Overall this season, Arenado is hitting .323 with 53 RBI and a 1.008 OPS.

“Nolan, over the course of his career, is becoming a better hitter for me,” Rockies manager Bud Black said. “He’s taking what the pitchers are giving him, especially this year. You’ve seen over the course of May into June, Nolan being pitched really tough. And his ability to take the ball on the outside part of the plate and drive it to right field or get a single the other way is pure hitting.

“He has the power to pull the ball out of the park. What I like is the all-field hitting we’re seeing from Nolan. You’re talking about one of the best players in the game, so it’s not surprising that he adjusts and adapts to what’s going on. And that’s the sign of a talented player.”

Rockies left-hander Tyler Anderson (4-2, 4.52 ERA) will oppose the Marlins. He lasted 1 1/3 scoreless innings on April 29 at Miami before being forced to leave because he was feeling light-headed. He’s 1-1, 1.29 in three starts against Miami.

After working seven innings in consecutive starts and allowing three runs, Anderson gave up three runs in 5 1/3 innings Monday against the New York Mets and took the loss as the Rockies were trampled, 12-2. He allowed two homers in that game and has yielded 14 homers this season in 79 2/3 innings.

Marlins rookie Trevor Richards (1-4, 5.45) Jalen Ramsey Jersey , who is in his second stint with the team this season, lost his last start Sunday at Baltimore, giving up nine hits and six runs in 3 1/3 innings as the Marlins fell, 10-4. He has made eight starts, five of which the Marlins have lost. In five starts on the road, Richards is 0-3 with a 7.40 ERA.

Richards has never faced the Rockies and will be making his Coors Field debut. Left-hander Wei-Yin Chen, who gave up nine hits and seven runs in Friday’s loss, said he received some advice about pitching at Coors Field from former Orioles teammate Ubaldo Jimenez, who went 56-45 with a 3.66 ERA with the Rockies and was 19-8 with a 2.98 ERA in 2010, the best season by a Rockies starter in franchise history.

“Ubaldo Jimenez once told me, ‘if you pitch here your off-speed pitch will have a different angle or different movement,'” Chen said. “I heard that, so I think I need to make some adjustment to it, but actually it’s kind of hard to make the adjustment on the field while you’re pitching.”

Richards undoubtedly will receive advice about coping with Coors Field. The daunting challenge is implementing that advice, particularly when pitching there the first time.

TORONTO — There was a sense of relief in the Detroit Tigers’ clubhouse after their 9-1 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays on Sunday afternoon.

The victory, propelled by a grand slam from Nicholas Castellanos, a career-best four hits by Niko Goodrum and seven strong innings by starting pitcher Jordan Zimmermann, ended an 11-game losing streak.

It was the Tigers’ longest losing streak since Aug. 13-23, 2003. They have not lost 12 in a row since 1996.

“It’s good to hear the music playing out there and guys smiling,” Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire said.

The Tigers have a chance to escape the Rogers Centre with a split in the four-game series by winning the finale on Monday afternoon.

The Tigers will start right-hander Mike Fiers (5-4, 4.04 ERA) against Blue Jays left-hander Ryan Borucki (0-1, 3.00).

The Tigers had a team meeting before the game.

“It was just a casual talk,” Gardenhire said. “It wasn’t this rah-rah (speech). … I just let them talk and I just said to them, ‘Tell me what we need to do.’ Some guys spoke up and that’s all I wanted to hear. We’re playing hard. We’ve lost 11 in a row up to this point. These guys have been playing, man. They’ve been in every game. We’ve had a chance to win a bunch of these games.”

The Tigers (37-48) were able to put together a five-run fifth inning with a rally that started with two outs against Toronto starter J.A. Happ Malik Jackson Jersey , who was 6-0 in his previous eight starts. They added two runs in the sixth, also with a rally that began with two out.

The losing streak was the longest by two games in the majors this season and the longest since the Los Angeles Dodgers lost 11 in a row last September.

“We’ve had our chances over the last 10 or 11 games,” Zimmermann said. “It’s just a matter of if we’re going to cash in when we’ve got guys in scoring position. We were able to do that today.”

The Blue Jays (39-44) are expected to trade Happ before the July 31 deadline. When he departed in the sixth inning, the Canada Day crowd gave him an ovation.

“I did notice, and I certainly appreciate that,” Happ said. “Maybe it was appreciation for how the season has gone so far or whatever you might take from it, that’s kind of what I took from it. That’s a nice feeling, certainly nicer than potentially getting booed, not that I would expect that at all, either.”

The Tigers face a pitcher who made his major-league debut Tuesday against the Astros in Houston in Borucki. He took the loss after allowing two runs, six hits and four walks in six innings.

Fiers pitched seven strong innings Wednesday against the Oakland Athletics, but took the loss despite allowing only one run on five hits and one walk while striking out five.

Fiers has faced the Blue Jays six times in his career, five as a starter, and is 1-3 with a 4.11 ERA. He made two starts against Toronto last season and was 0-1 with a 5.25 ERA. In two career starts at the Rogers Centre, Fiers is 0-2 with a 5.91 ERA.

The only disappointing news for the Tigers Sunday came from a hamstring injury to center fielder Leonys Martin, who hobbled off the field after a beating out an RBI bunt single in the fifth inning. It was at first announced as a cramp, but Gardenhire said the injury was severe enough to put him on the disabled list. Another player will be brought in for the game Monday.

The day was not a complete loss for the Blue Jays. In the ninth inning, center fielder Kevin Pillar made a spectacular leaping catch to rob Castellanos of what would have been his second homer of the day.

Gardenhire said even Castellanos appreciated Pillar’s catch, although it cost him a homer.

“That was amazing,” Gardenhire said. “That’s a long run, to climb the wall like that and make that play, the timing, the whole package that just tells you how special an athlete he is.”

The teams are 3-3 in the season series.
hongwei28

Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:05 am

The Oakland Raiders released pass rusher Aldon Smith after his latest run-in with the law.

The Raiders retained Smith’s contractual rights even as he spent the past two seasons on the NFL’s suspended list. But the team decided finally to cut ties one day after San Francisco police said authorities were searching for Smith in connection with a domestic violence allegation.

San Francisco police said an arrest warrant has been obtained for Smith stemming from allegations that Smith assaulted a woman on Saturday night. Smith left before police arrived to respond to the 911 call and authorities are working with Smith’s attorney to arrange a time for him to surrender.

Smith is facing misdemeanor charges of willful infliction of corporal injury Adidas Ryan Kesler Jersey , assault with force likely to produce great bodily injury, false imprisonment and vandalism, according to Sgt. Michael Andraychak.

COLLEGE BASKETBALL

NEW YORK (AP) – Veteran play-by-play announcer Verne Lundquist will not be calling NCAA Tournament basketball games this year.

CBS and Turner Sports announced the commentator teams Monday for the men’s basketball tournament, which starts next week. Jim Nantz, Bill Raftery and Grant Hill will continue to announce the Final Four and championship game. Those games, along with the tournament selection show on Sunday, will be televised on TBS.

Lundquist, 77, has been calling tournament games for CBS since 1998. He stopped calling the Southeastern Conference football game of the week on CBS after the 2016 season, but still did the NCAA Tournament and Masters golf in 2017.

CBS spokeswoman Jennifer Sabatelle said Lundquist had back surgery last fall and decided to step away from doing this year’s tournament.

BOXING

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Middleweight boxer Canelo Alvarez has tested positive for a banned drug, and his promoters blame contaminated meat.

A voluntary test showed Alvarez had traces of clenbuterol. A statement from Golden Boy Promotions said the amount was consistent with meat contamination that has impacted athletes in Mexico and China.

Daniel Eichner, director of the World Anti-Doping Agency-accredited laboratory that conducted the test, wrote: ”These values are all within the range of what is expected from meat contamination.”

Alvarez is scheduled for a rematch with middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin on May 5 in Las Vegas, a highly anticipated fight after their draw last year.

BASEBALL

JUPITER, Fla. (AP) – Shortstop Paul DeJong and the St. Louis Cardinals agreed to a $26 million, six-year contract, a deal that includes team options for 2024 and 2025.

The 24-year-old made his major league debut last May 28 and hit .285 with a team-high 25 homers and 65 RBIs in 108 games. He was selected by St. Louis from Illinois St. in the fourth round of the 2015 amateur draft.

DeJong is 3 for 14 with a double and two RBIs in spring training this year.

His deal covers up to four years of arbitration eligibility and one-to-three years of free agent eligibility.

SOCCER

LONDON (AP) – The head of the English Football Association has apologized for ”any offense” caused after equating the Star of David with the swastika while discussing religious and political symbols that should be prohibited in the game.

FA CEO Martin Glenn said those symbols are ”the things we don’t want” being displayed by teams. Britain’s Jewish Leadership Council called Glenn’s comments ”offensive and inappropriate.”

Glenn says he will speak to the JLC and soccer anti-discrimination group Kick It Out to apologize.

In a statement, Glenn says ”I would like to apologize for any offense caused by the examples I gave when referring to political and religious symbols in football, specifically in reference to the Star of David, which is a hugely important symbol to Jewish people all over the world.”

Tom Brady passed for three touchdowns and 337 yards Adidas Clayton Keller Jersey , and the New England Patriots cruised past the Tennessee Titans 35-14 on Saturday night to advance to their seventh consecutive AFC championship game.

New England (14-3) will host the winner of Sunday’s divisional matchup between Jacksonville and Pittsburgh.

It was Brady’s 10th career postseason game with at least three TD tosses, moving him past Joe Montana for the most in NFL history. James White caught a touchdown pass and ran for another, and Danny Amendola had 11 catches for 112 yards.

The Titans (10-8) took an early 7-0 lead, but New England scored 35 straight points to take control.

Marcus Mariota completed 22 of 37 passes for 254 yards and two touchdowns, but was under duress for most of the second half. He was sacked eight times, a Patriots playoff record. New England also held Derrick Henry to just 28 yards rushing on 12 carries.

New England’s victory came on the heels of a week filled with drama following reports of turmoil involving Brady, coach Bill Belichick and team owner Robert Kraft. None of that showed on the field Saturday.

EAGLES 15, FALCONS 10

PHILADELPHIA (AP) – With Nick Foles engineering several long drives, Jake Elliott converting three field goals, and the defense getting stingy in the tightest spot, Philadelphia moved into the NFC championship game with a victory over the Atlanta Falcons.

Foles directed brilliant marches of 74 and 80 yards in the second half – one into the whipping wind, the other with it – and Elliott atoned for missing an extra point by converting from 53 yards at the end of the second quarter, 37 and 21 in the second half. Then, the Eagles (14-3) held when Atlanta (11-7) got to the 9-yard line with a first down, and to the 2 on fourth down.

When Matt Ryan’s final pass sailed over Julio Jones’ head in the end zone, Philly could celebrate its first playoff victory since the 2008 season.

Next Sunday, the Eagles will host either Minnesota or New Orleans for the conference crown. The Eagles last made the Super Bowl in the 2004 season, losing to New England.

hongwei28

Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:14 am

The adjustments have come both ways and Pittsburgh Pirates rookie outfielder Austin Meadows is doing better at them than opposing pitchers.

Through the first three games of a series against Arizona that concludes Sunday at PNC Park Authentic Minkah Fitzpatrick Jersey , Meadows has gotten the better of Diamondbacks pitching. Despite going 0-for-4 Saturday, he’s 5-for-13 in the series with a run, a walk and a stolen base.

In fact, Meadows told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that pitchers are only adjusting to him “a little bit” after his early success.

“They’re throwing a little more of their off-speed early in the count for strikes,” he said. “For me, it’s just going out there and having the same mentality I did when I got here. Having that fastball-first mentality and adjusting to certain things and staying in my zone and not swinging at their pitches.”

Meadows, 23, a 2013 first-round draft pick who is healthy after injury setbacks, started on fire after his call-up from Triple-A Indianapolis on May 18 Authentic Mike Hughes Jersey , but going from .409 to .330 is probably just leveling off to something closer to what he can maintain.

He has made 25 starts — he batted leadoff Saturday in a 7-2 Pirates loss — divided among all three outfield spots. He has hits in 20 of the 25 starts, including 12 of the past 14, with six doubles, two triples, five homers, 11 RBIs, 14 runs and five stolen bases.

Pirates manager Clint Hurdle expects that opposing teams will use whatever resources they have to try to shift the advantage to the pitchers.

“We’ve seen a punch-back already,” said Hurdle, who doesn’t sound as if he expects opponents to fully solve Meadows any time soon.

“If you’re not impressed by Meadows’ at-bats Authentic Marcus Davenport Jersey , you need to go watch another sport right now,” he said.

Pittsburgh (36-40) has lost four straight and five of six. Arizona (43-33) has won three in a row, five of six, and will go for a four-game series sweep Sunday.

Arizona right-hander Clay Buchholz (1-1, 2.94 ERA) is scheduled to face Pirates right-hander Trevor Williams (6-4, 4.00).

Buchholz has three no-decisions in a row. His most recent start last Sunday was one of the Diamondbacks’ most frustrating losses.

He allowed one earned run in 5 2/3 innings and Arizona went into the ninth inning with a 3-1 lead before the New York Mets came back against closer Brad Boxberger to win 5-3.

“We got some very solid pitching, and Buccholz handed it off to the bullpen,” manager Torey Lovullo said.

Buchholz was subdued but “felt pretty good for the most part.”

Buchholz has been strong on the road with no wins to show for it — 0-1 with a 2.12 ERA and a .180 average against in three starts.

He is 0-1 with a 10.13 ERA in two career starts against the Pirates.

Williams is coming off a gem. He pitched seven one-hit, scoreless innings and struck out seven Monday in a 1-0 win over Milwaukee. It was his first win since May 15.

Against the Diamondbacks Authentic Josh Allen Jersey , Williams is 1-1 with a 3.21 ERA in three career starts. That includes a 13-8 road loss on June 12 when he gave up six runs (one earned) in the first inning and two in the third.

The Los Angeles Rams have made another addition to their defense, bringing in former Packers starting cornerback Sam Shields.

Shields made 23 interceptions, including the playoffs, from 2010-2015. He also won a Super Bowl with the Packers. But his 2016 season was cut short after one game after he suffered a concussion and he didn’t play at all in 2017.

Shields’ signing Thursday was only the latest defensive move by the Rams. Los Angeles on Wednesday agreed to trade linebacker Alec Ogletree to the New York Giants for two draft picks.

The Rams also agreed last month to acquire cornerback Marcus Peters in a trade with Kansas City, and Los Angeles also used its franchise tag on safety Lamarcus Joyner. Those moves likely mean top cornerback Trumaine Johnson will leave as a free agent.

hongwei28

Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:20 am

Jordan Zimmermann knew two things when he took the mound against Bartolo Colon on Friday night.

He was going to have to be good to keep Colon from making history Cam Newton Jersey , and the game wasn’t going to take long.

Zimmermann came through, outdueling Colon as the Detroit Tigers beat the Texas Rangers 3-1 in a game that ended four minutes after sunset at Comerica Park.

”I’ve hooked up with Bartolo a lot of times over the years, and he’s always good and the games are always short,” said Zimmermann, who struck out 11 batters in eight innings. ”He works fast, I work fast and we almost got out before 9 o’clock tonight.”

Colon was trying to become the winningest Latin-American pitcher in major league history. He remains tied with Dennis Martinez with 245 career victories.

He pitched well, allowing three runs – including homers by James McCann and JaCoby Jones – in an eight-inning complete game, but Zimmermann (4-0) was better.

”When I was young, a loss like this would bother me,” Colon (5-6) said through a translator. ”Now, I know games like this are going to happen. Tonight was good for us and not good for the hitters.”

The Tigers right-hander allowed one run and four hits and struck out 10 or more for the first time since his no-hitter for Washington against Florida on Sept. 28, 2014.

”That might be the best slider I’ve had in my career, and when I can throw it like that, it makes my fastball and curve even tougher to hit,” Zimmermann said. ”I’m not going to give up many runs with that kind of stuff.”

There were no walks in the game, and neither starter needed 100 pitches for their eight-inning outings. Zimmermann threw 96 pitches, and Colon 97.

”Those were two great veteran pitchers doing what they do best,” Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire said. ”They were attacking the zone, moving the ball all over the place and making the hitters chase their pitches.”

Joe Jimenez pitched the ninth for his third save, helping the Tigers end a three-game losing streak by winning for just the third time in 17 games.

At 45 years, 43 days old, Colon became the oldest pitcher to throw a complete game since Jamie Moyer (47 years, 199 days) on June 5, 2010. Tim Wakefield and Randy Johnson are the only other 45-year-olds to pitch complete games in the 21st century.

”That’s a tough loss for Bartolo, but both pitchers were great out there,” Rangers manager Jeff Banister said. ”Zimmermann had his A-game going, and Bart was getting a lot of weak contact.”

Colon first faced Detroit on May 10, 1997, allowing one earned run in six innings for Cleveland in a loss at Tiger Stadium. He’s the last active major league player to have played at Tiger Stadium, which closed in 1999.

”That old man took me to school,” Nicholas Castellanos said. ”He was moving the ball over the place and I didn’t know what was happening.”

The Rangers took the lead on the game’s second pitch as Shin-Soo Choo hit a homer into the shrubbery beyond the center-field fence. The home run extended his on-base streak to 45 games, the longest in the majors this season.

McCann put the Tigers ahead with a two-run homer in the second inning, but Zimmermann and Colon took over after that.

The Tigers had the next significant threat, putting runners on the corners with two out in the fifth, but Jones grounded out to end the inning. Jones, though, homered off Colon in the eighth to make it 3-1.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Rangers: Choo returned to the lineup after sitting out Thursday. Choo is limited to playing designated hitter because of a sore quadriceps, and Adrian Beltre started there Thursday after an emergency dental procedure.

Tigers: Closer Shane Greene had tests on his sore pitching shoulder Luke Kuechly Jersey , and they showed no significant problem. Greene is eligible to come off the disabled list on July 12.

FAST GAME

The game ended at 9:15 p.m., forcing the postgame fireworks show to be held well before the sky was dark.

UP NEXT

The teams continue their four-game series on Saturday, with Cole Hamels (4-7, 4.05) pitching for Texas against Detroit’s Mike Fiers (5-5, 3.79).

Josh McDaniels has backed out of a deal to become the Indianapolis’ Colts new coach, a decision that shocked the franchise hours after it announced his hiring.

The Colts confirmed McDaniels’ decision in a statement Tuesday night after reports emerged that the Patriots’ offensive coordinator had opted to stay in New England with coach Bill Belichick.

McDaniels had agreed to contract terms with the Colts to replace the fired Chuck Pagano, and a news conference had been scheduled for Wednesday at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Just a few hours later, the Colts said McDaniels informed them he would not sign the deal.

”Although we are surprised and disappointed, we will resume our head coaching search immediately and find the right fit to lead our team and organization on and off the field,” the Colts said in the statement.

The Patriots and McDaniels’ agent, Bob LaMonte, did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

”I’m speechless,” former Colts receiver Reggie Wayne told NFL Network. ”I’ve talked with people in the Colts organization and they feel like they’ve been hoodwinked.”

It’s also not clear how the Colts will proceed from here.

By spurning Indy after it waited 22 days for the playoffs to end, McDaniels leaves the reeling franchise as the only one without a coach – in early February. New England’s defensive coordinator, Matt Patricia, left Belichick’s staff a day after the Patriots’ Super Bowl loss to become coach of the Detroit Lions.

Indy had interviewed several candidates for the job, including two that were hired by other teams – Matt Nagy went to Chicago and Mike Vrabel to Tennessee. Another potential candidate, Baylor coach Matt Rhule, had already announced he was returning to the college ranks before the Colts had settled on McDaniels, who at age 41 is considered one of the game’s best young minds.

He’s been considered a top-tier head coaching candidate for several years even though his only other coaching stint with Denver ended badly. He went 8-8 with the Broncos in 2009 and 3-9 in 2010 before he was fired with three games left in the season. He worked with the St. Louis Rams in 2011 before returning to New England in 2012, where he has been the offensive coordinator ever since.

And turning down his second chance, after agreeing to a deal with Indy, could make other teams outside of New England more hesitant to hire McDaniels. His decision will also have ramifications for the coaches who were set to join his staff.

It’s unusual but not unprecedented in league history for a deal with a new coach to fall through at the last minute. McDaniels’ move was eerily reminiscent of his mentor, Belichick, who resigned as coach of the Jets with a handwritten note less than a day after he was hired in 2000.

Although McDaniels never signed his contract with Indianapolis, his stint was even shorter. The team announced his hiring on its Twitter account late Tuesday morning. Hours later, the Colts had deleted the tweet and replaced it with the statement about his withdrawal.

Pagano was fired Dec. 31 after the team finished 4-12 in a season without injured quarterback Andrew Luck.

Within days of Pagano’s ouster, Colts general manager Chris Ballard interviewed McDaniels during the Patriots’ postseason bye week. Two weeks later, reports indicated the deal was all but finished and potential suitors, like the New York Giants, started hiring other coaches.

Now the Colts find themselves in perhaps the toughest position of all – finding a new coach in February.

In Indianapolis, where the fan base already loathed the Patriots, McDaniels’ sudden change of heart didn’t go over well.

The City of Noblesville, a northern suburb of Indy, put this on Twitter: ”Unlike Josh McDaniels, we stay true to our commitments. Noblesville street crews will be out tonight once winter weather hits you can `do your job’ tomorrow.”

hongwei28

Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:27 am

A.J. Hinch wiped the sweat from his brow after watching his Astros win their 10th straight game on Saturday Youth Brian Allen Jersey , joking that he might get tossed early the next time out to avoid the Kansas City heat.

The skipper hasn’t been sweating many outcomes lately.

Houston’s latest solid start came from Dallas Keuchel, who allowed the Royals two unearned runs over six sharp innings. Its latest offense came from Max Stassi and Alex Bregman, who belted three-run homers at spacious Kauffman Stadium. And its latest win was a 10-2 rout as the heat index eclipsed 100 degrees.

”I’m really happy with how consistently the guys are showing up expecting to win, and then going out and doing it,” Hinch said. ”We’re a hard team to beat right now.”

No matter the situation. No matter the conditions.

”Winning streak, no winning streak, it doesn’t matter. We just play our game,” said Bregman, who survived the blazing sun and oppressive heat, which sent Stassi and Astros first baseman Yuli Gurriel to the clubhouse with symptoms of dehydration.

Jose Altuve hit a two-run double in the first to send the World Series champions on their way. The Astros have won the first nine games on their 10-game road swing, already making it the best trip in club history with the series finale still to come on Sunday.

Coincidentally, the Astros had an 11-game win streak end in Kansas City last season.

Keuchel (4-8) has begun to emerge from a monthlong funk, allowing two unearned runs and six hits in six innings. The 2015 Cy Young winner had surrendered a combined 17 runs over his last three outings, and had not won since tossing seven scoreless innings against Texas on May 13.

Meanwhile, the Royals have lost five straight and are 2-12 since the calendar flipped to June.

”We’ve been around this clubhouse for a while to the point that we’ve had our ups Youth John Kelly Jersey , we’ve had our downs,” Royals pitcher Danny Duffy said. ”We know what we need to do to come out of them, it’s just about doing exactly that. It’s not ideal where we’re at right now. It’s pretty much the opposite of what we drew up coming into the year. We got to come out of this stretch ourselves.”

Duffy (3-7) had been pitching well of late, going seven shutout innings his last time out. But the Royals left-hander allowed seven runs on seven hits and three walks in just six innings, becoming the most recent starting pitcher to have a rough time with the Astros’ potent lineup.

”We’ve played some good baseball. Obviously the teams we’ve been playing have played better than we have,” he said.

Duffy was in trouble right from the start. George Springer opened the game with a walk, Bregman added a single and Altuve ripped a double to give the Astros a 2-0 lead.

The Astros tacked on two more runs in the fifth, getting some help from third baseman Mike Moustakas, who flubbed an easy grounder that led to an unearned run. And after Kansas City matched the tally in the bottom half, the Astros’ big bats put the game out of reach.

Stassi began by swatting Duffy’s 1-0 pitch to left field for a 7-2 lead, and Bregman added his homer in the ninth inning to extend his career-best on-base streak to 27 consecutive games.

The only consolation for the Royals was that they weren’t grand slams. They pitching staff had served up one of them each of the past two games, including Evan Gattis‘ in the series opener.

”This is a tough club,” Royals manager Ned Yost said. ”You make a mistake and they make you pay.”

STATS AND STREAKS

Royals C Drew Butera snapped a 0-for-16 skid with a single in the third inning. LF Alex Gordon ended a 0-for-13 slump with a single in the sixth. … Houston is now a season-high 22 games over .500.

SO LONG, SOLER

Royals OF Jorge Soler will miss at least six weeks after breaking a bone in his left foot during the series opener. Soler will head to the DL but with Triple-A Omaha on the West Coast, a corresponding roster move will not be made until Sunday. Soler was hitting .265 with nine homers and 28 RBIs.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Royals: 1B Lucas Duda will begin a rehab assignment with Omaha on Sunday Womens Anze Kopitar Jersey , Yost said. Duda has been out since May 14 with plantar fasciitis in his right foot.

UP NEXT

The Royals send RHP Brad Keller (1-2, 2.31 ERA) to the mound in the hopes of avoiding a sweep. The Astros counter with RHP Lance McCullers Jr. (8-3, 3.83 ERA) as they try to keep their streak going.

John Dorsey might make a deal for the top pick in this year’s NFL draft – if the price is the right.

At the league’s scouting combine on Thursday, the Cleveland Browns general manager took his sales pitch public.

”There are a lot of things we can do at No. 1 and not just get a quarterback,” Dorsey said. ”If someone wants to come up and make a trade, I’d make a trade, too. Just give me a call and see what’s up.”

Cleveland’s constant quest to find the right quarterback has become perhaps the most-watched show in the league.

They’ve used 28 different starters since 1999, and it’s unclear if they’ll cast aside yet another youngster, DeShone Kizer, after he led the league in interceptions and went 0-15 as the starter.

Dorsey has the advantage of having watched Kizer perform in the final four games of 2017.

”What I really liked was how much he improved from week to week,” Dorsey said. ”I think I’ve told you that a young quarterback usually makes exponential growth from Year 1 to Year 2.”

Back home, anxious fans are still clamoring to find that elusive franchise quarterback.

They’re frustrated after watching Cleveland whiff on Johnny Manziel in 2015, trade the No. 2 pick to Philadelphia in 2016 that allowed the Eagles to choose Carson Wentz and pass last year on Deshaun Watson. Instead, they took Kizer in the second round.

And with a deep quarterback class and two of the top four picks in April, some think this could finally be the time. Dorsey might not see it the same way.

After acknowledging the Browns interviewed an unnamed quarterback on Wednesday night and intend to meet all of the big names before the bulk of the combine work wraps up Sunday Authentic Derek Forbort Jersey Kids , he dropped no hints about what the Browns might do with either pick.

Instead, he’s looking for long-term solutions.

Coach Hue Jackson, who is 1-31 over the last two seasons, certainly isn’t advocating for more change.

”I would hope not,” Jackson said when asked Wednesday if he intends to start a rookie QB. ”There’s going to be other opportunities as we all know. We’ve just got to see how it all fits as we move forward.”

Finding a veteran quarterback in free agency, such as AJ McCarron, remains a possibility, too.

But if a quarterback-needy team is willing to make a quality offer, Dorsey could spend all of those precious picks on putting a better supporting cast around Kizer.

Dorsey also didn’t provide an update on the status of longtime left tackle Joe Thomas. After playing more than 10,000 consecutive snaps, Thomas ended the season on injured reserve with a torn left triceps and has been pondering retirement.

”I have greatly admired Joe from his time at Wisconsin through his time with the Browns,” Dorsey said. ”I think he deserves a little respect and when it comes time to make the proper decision, I’m sure he’ll make it.”

hongwei28

Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:35 am

Rookie Colin Moran isn’t big on showing emotion Customized Pittsburgh Steelers Jerseys , so he took it in stride after hitting his second grand slam of the season.

Manager Clint Hurdle, though, put the feat in perspective.

”Two grand slams in a year is pretty cool. Some guys don’t hit one their whole career,” Hurdle said after Moran’s slam helped carry the Pirates to a 7-5 victory against the San Diego Padres on Sunday. ”In his rookie season, too. He hunts pitches. He’s got a lot of confidence when he goes to the plate. He prepares.”

In fact, none of Hurdle’s 32 home runs over a 10-year career came with the bases loaded.

Corey Dickerson and Elias Diaz also homered for the Pirates, who took two of three games.

Moran connected off Tyson Ross with two outs in the fifth to put the Pirates ahead 6-3. He also hit a grand slam in the home opener on April 2, a 5-4 victory against Minnesota.

Ross, who singled and then had his first career stolen base a half inning earlier, faltered with two outs in the fifth. Austin Meadows doubled, Josh Bell walked and Josh Harrison beat out an infield single to load the bases. Moran then drove a 1-0 pitch to right for his eighth homer.

”It’s cool,” Moran said of hitting two slams in one season. ”But I guess it was just kind of nice to get some runs in there and get us the lead, so that was the biggest thing.”

The only other rookie in Pirates history to hit two grand slams in a season was Wally Westlake in 1947. Moran was the first Pirates player with two grand slams in a season since Jose Bautista in 2006.

”Those are cool things,” Hurdle said. ”They don’t happen for everybody. They don’t happen to many guys whatsoever. It goes back to preparation, opportunity and then production, and he’s been able to pull that off. … He’s ready to hit. He knows what he’s hunting to hit.”

Moran made his big league debut with Houston in 2016, appearing in nine games. He appeared in seven games with Houston last season before being sent to Pittsburgh along with Joe Musgrove and two other players in the deal for Gerrit Cole. Moran had 34 big league at-bats coming into this season.

”He’s one of the calmest people I’ve ever played with,” Dickerson said. ”He just has no emotion. He has a good plan. He does the same thing every day. You don’t ever change stuff up. He’s very simple. Simple sometimes is the best in great moments like that. He came through.”

Dickerson homered in the second, his sixth, and Diaz homered leading off the sixth, his sixth.

The Padres closed to 7-5 on Wil Myers’ infield RBI single with one out in the sixth and then loaded the bases on Eric Hosmer’s walk. But Steven Brault got Hunter Renfroe to hit a flyball to right that wasn’t deep enough to bring in Jose Pirela, and Kyle Crick struck out pinch-hitter Christian Villanueva.

Crick (1-1) pitched 1 1-3 innings for the win. Felipe Vazquez pitched the ninth for his 17th save.

Ross (5-6), who has been mentioned in trade rumors, was chased by Diaz’s homer. Ross had his worst start of the season, allowing seven runs and seven hits, with three walks and no strikeouts.

”I didn’t throw the ball particularly well,” Ross said. ”I could’ve been a lot better with two outs and two strikes. That’s kind of where I really got myself into trouble.

”That big fifth inning, had two strikes on Meadows and two outs, and double to left and then everything kind of unfolded from there. Days like this happen. I still had a chance to win that game Customized San Francisco 49ers Jerseys , just wasn’t able to put hitters away when I had two-strike counts.”

Said manager Andy Green: ”You’ve got two outs and nobody on and Tyson on the mound, you kind of like that situation right there. Next thing you know, bases are loaded and one pitch is hit out of the ball park, and that kind of changes the trajectory of the game. It’s a frustrating one.”

Pirates starter Jameson Taillon went 4 2-3 innings, allowing four runs, three earned, and seven hits while striking out four and walking three. He got the first two outs of the fifth before allowing Renfroe’s homer to left, his fifth, that pulled the Padres to 6-4. Taillon allowed singles to Cory Spangenberg and Carlos Asuaje before making way for Edgar Santana, who struck out Freddy Galvis.

Ross hit a sacrifice fly that gave the Padres a 2-1 lead in the second. He singled with two outs in the fourth and then got the first stolen base of his career. He was stranded when Manuel Margot grounded out.

Renfroe also hit an RBI double in the third.

WEATHERS SIGNS

The Padres agreed to terms with LHP Ryan Weathers, their first-round selection, seventh overall, in June’s amateur draft. He is the son of former big league pitcher David Weathers.

UP NEXT

Pirates: RHP Nick Kingham (2-3, 3.82) is expected to be recalled from Triple-A Indianapolis to start Monday night’s opener of a three-game series at the Los Angeles Dodgers, who will counter with LHP Alex Wood (4-5, 4.00).

Padres: LHP Clayton Richard (7-7, 4.29) is scheduled to start Tuesday night’s opener of a two-game series at Oakland, which counters with RHP Chris Bassitt (1-3, 2.82).

PHOENIX — The Arizona heat is a fitting setting for the two teams meeting here this weekend.

The Diamondbacks return home Friday after an 8-2 road trip that included three wins by right-hander Zack Greinke and vaulted them 13 games over .500, tying a season high. NL West rival San Francisco has won seven of its last 11 and is coming in after a 7-3 homestand, its best since the 2012 World Series season.

The Diamondbacks took series victories over the Angels, Pittsburgh and Miami and gained two games on the second-place Los Angeles Dodgers to build a 3 1/2 game division lead. They are a sparkling 21-8 since May 28.

“I can’t think of a day where we played bad really,” multi-tasking Greinke told reporters Thursday, when he pitched seven shutout innings in a 4-0 victory over the Marlins while contributing two singles, a stolen base, an RBI and a run.

Greinke became the first pitcher since Bob Gibson in 1969 to have a hit, an RBI and a stolen base in as many as two games in the same season.

“There’s a record every game. You’ve just got to look hard enough for it,” he continued.

The Giants had series victories against Miami, San Diego and Colorado in their homestand Customized Seattle Seahawks Jerseys , losing the finale to Colorado 9-8 on Thursday.

Arizona left-hander Patrick Corbin, who has had abundant success against the Giants this season, faces San Francisco left-hander Andrew Suarez in the opener of the three-game series Friday.

Paul Goldschmidt, who had three hits and an RBI Thursday, enters the series on a roll. He is batting .404 with seven doubles, nine homers and 22 RBIs in his last 22 games while raising his batting average to a season-high .267. He was as low as .198 on May 22. Goldschmidt has feasted on the Giants this season, going 16-for-33 with seven doubles, two homers and seven RBIs in nine games this year.

Each team has gotten healthier as the second half beckons. Shelby Miller and Robbie Ray rejoined the Diamondbacks’ starting rotation in Miami.

Giants left-hander Madison Bumgarner has thrown 15 consecutive scoreless innings in his last two starts. He has made five starts, four quality starts, after returning from the disabled list June 5 in a 3-2 loss to Arizona at AT&T Park. Right-handers Johnny Cueto and Jeff Samardzija could return soon.

“You try to look at the silver lining on these injuries,” Giants manager Bruce Bochy told reporters this week.

“It’s going to limit their innings and hopefully we see it as we get into August and September, these guys are still fresh. Throw Cueto in there, Samardzija. You make 31, 32 starts, it can take a toll on you. Madison has always been able to handle it, I’ll say that. The fact he’s missed a lot of time should help him.”

Corbin, 6-3 with a 3.24 ERA, is 2-0 with a 2.32 ERA in three starts against the Giants this season. He took a no-hitter into the eighth inning before giving up a two-out, check-swing single to Brandon Belt in a 1-0 victory on April 17, his first career shutout. Corbin gave up one run in 6 1/3 innings of a 3-2 victory at the Giants on June 5.

He threw seven scoreless innings and a tied a career high with 12 strikeouts in his last outing, a no-decision at Pittsburgh on June 22 in a game the Diamondbacks won 2-1 in 12 innings. Corbin is 7-7 with a 3.07 ERA in 22 career appearances against the Giants, 20 starts. He is 4-3 with a 3.92 ERA at Chase Field this season.

Rookie Suarez, 2-4 with a 4.43 ERA, has made 12 starts this season, 11 since joining the rotation for good on May 1, just before Cueto went out. He made his major league debut in a spot start against Arizona on April 11, giving up four runs in 5 1/3 innings in a 7-3 home loss. Goldschmidt and John Ryan Murphy homered off him in that game.

Suarez is 1-0 with a 2.86 ERA in five June starts and gave up one run in 5 2/3 innings in his last start, a no-decision in a 5-3 victory over San Diego on Saturday. He is 1-2 with a 6.18 ERA in six road starts this season. He has never pitched in Chase Field.
hongwei28

Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:43 am

The only thing that would have made Brandon Crawford feel better about his game-ending homer was if it had come early enough to reward Madison Bumgarner with a win.

Crawford homered with one out in the bottom of the ninth after Bumgarner threw seven scoreless innings Youth Marcus Davenport Jersey , giving the San Francisco Giants their fourth straight victory, 1-0 over the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday night.

”It would have been nice to get him a win,” Crawford said. ”He pitched well enough that he should have gotten one. … He looked like vintage Bum out there. He had everything working. His slider has been a lot sharper his last couple of outings, his curveball is looking a lot better and he’s locating stuff.”

Colorado starter Kyle Freeland matched Bumgarner with seven spotless innings of his own, setting the stage for Crawford’s dramatic shot.

Left-hander Harrison Musgrave (0-3) entered in the ninth to face the left-handed-hitting Crawford. The move backfired when Crawford launched a high drive that cleared the wall in right field for his third career walk-off homer, sending the Rockies to their fourth consecutive loss.

”It just kind of kept to the middle,” Musgrave said. ”Good hitters hit it out of the park and that’s what happened. Just didn’t execute a pitch and you get punished up here for stuff like that.”

Crawford was mobbed by teammates at home plate as the Giants improved to 42-39 at the halfway point of the season. That’s 12 games ahead of their pace from a year ago despite playing the first two months without an injured Bumgarner.

”You always want more,” Bumgarner said. ”But the spot we’re in now is not a bad place to be.”

Reyes Moronta (4-1) got two outs for the win.

Bumgarner retired the first 14 batters he faced before Carlos Gonzalez became the first Colorado hitter to reach, on a broken-bat double that landed just inside the left-field line.

Bumgarner walked the next two batters to load the bases before escaping the jam by striking out Freeland. The 2014 World Series MVP allowed just two hits with eight strikeouts in his second consecutive scoreless start. He pitched eight shutout innings to beat San Diego for his first win of the season last Thursday.

Freeland was just as stingy, permitting only four hits and pitching around a pair of errors by first baseman Ian Desmond. Freeland got Pablo Sandoval to ground out with runners on first and third to end the fourth, and retired Crawford on a popup with runners at the corners to end the sixth.

Freeland has 11 quality starts in 16 appearances this season.

”What a great matchup between two lefties, one just starting his career and getting his feet on the ground, and Bumgarner, obviously we know what he’s done in his career,” Rockies manager Bud Black said. ”Really proud of Kyle.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Rockies: RHP Scott Oberg and LHP Mike Dunn were activated from the disabled list. RHPs Jeff Hoffman and Brooks Pounders were optioned to Triple-A Albuquerque.

Giants: RHP Jeff Samardzija (right shoulder) will likely need at least one more rehab start after lasting just four innings for Triple-A Sacramento on Tuesday. Samardzija’s outing was cut short because he threw 40 pitches in the first.

WALK IT OFF

Crawford gave the Giants their sixth walk-off homer in a 1-0 win since moving to San Francisco in 1958. The previous one was hit by Steve Decker against Houston in 1991. The others were hit by Bobby Murcer vs. Philadelphia in 1976, Tom Haller in 1967 vs. Pittsburgh, and Willie Mays in 1966 against Houston and 1963 off Warren Spahn in a 16-inning game that Juan Marichal completed against the Milwaukee Braves.

MILESTONE

Bumgarner struck out DJ LeMahieu to open the game, giving him 1,500 Ks for his career in 1,534 1/3 innings. He’s the ninth-fastest lefty to reach the mark in the live ball era starting in 1920.

UP NEXT

Jon Gray (7-7) looks to beat the Giants for the first time in six career starts in the series finale. Gray is coming off his third career 12-strikeout game, the most in Colorado history. Chris Stratton (8-5) pitches for San Francisco.

Of all the people glued to their TVs rooting for the Buffalo Bills to finally – and mercifully – end their 17-season playoff drought last weekend, one curiously stood out: former Tennessee Titans tight end Frank Wycheck.

Wycheck is forever remembered in Buffalo for throwing a lateral on a kickoff return to give Tennessee a 22-16 playoff win over the Bills in a play dubbed the “Music City Miracle,” one of the wildest finishes ever to an NFL postseason game. The much-debated play in the January 2000 wild-card playoff propelled the Titans to the Super Bowl.

It’s a memory that still stings in Buffalo 18 years later Youth Jessie Bates III Jersey , enveloped in the lingering pain from what grew into the longest playoff drought in North America’s four major professional sports.

”People were kind of bringing it up that that’s the reason why they haven’t made the playoffs because of that play,” Wycheck told The Associated Press by phone from Nashville, Tennessee.

”I don’t want to put the responsibility on me,” said Wycheck, who now serves as a radio host and is taking a one-season break as a Titans broadcast analyst. ”But it was so long ago, too. I’m just glad they made it and I was happy for them.”

He doesn’t feel directly responsible for the Bills’ woes in the bungling years that followed. Still, Wycheck said if there was some kind of curse on the Bills sparked by the ”Music City Miracle,” it’s time it was lifted.

Add another member to the Bills bandwagon as Buffalo travels to play AFC South champion Jacksonville in a wild-card playoff on Sunday.

The sentiments surprised key players from Buffalo’s storied past, and even some fans didn’t quite know how to react when Wycheck tweeted his congrats to the Bills for making the playoffs.

”Are you kidding?” said Rob Johnson, the Bills quarterback at the time who started the game over Doug Flutie. ”Does he feel bad?”

”Wow. Really?” said Hall of Fame running back Thurman Thomas. ”Oh, that’s freaking awesome, man. That you could still in a way, even though it hurt us, that you could root for us, that’s great.”

Wycheck’s name has been dragged through the mud – and worse – across western New York long enough for a play most refer to as ”The Home Run Throwback .” Everywhere that is, except Buffalo – where it’s always been called ”The Home Run Throw Forward,” and ”The Immaculate Deception.”

Johnson, minus a shoe no less, completed a 9-yard pass to Peerless Price to set up Steve Christie hitting a 41-yard field goal to put Buffalo ahead 16-15 with 16 seconds remaining.

What followed was pure and utter disappointment for the Bills.

Tennessee’s Lorenzo Neal caught the ensuing kickoff and handed the ball to Wycheck, who ran to his right. He then spun around at his own 25 and threw the ball across the field to Kevin Dyson, who sprinted up the left sideline to score with 3 seconds left.

The 75-yard touchdown stood up after a lengthy video review, and the stunning loss spawned what became a playoff drought that tied for fifth-longest in NFL history.

Just like its start, the Bills’ drought ended in dramatic fashion last weekend.

Buffalo did its part with a 22-16 win at Miami . The Bills then clinched the AFC’s sixth and final playoff berth when Cincinnati’s Andy Dalton converted a fourth-and-12 in the final minute to hit Tyler Boyd for a touchdown Youth Mike White Jersey , beating Baltimore 31-27.

Thomas noted that Buffalo’s win over the Dolphins matched the same score as the 2000 loss to Tennessee – the running back’s last game in a Bills uniform.

”It’s been a long, long time,” said Thomas, who wept in joy after the Bills clinched their playoff berth.

After spending many of these last 17 years answering questions about the drought, and wondering if the Bills might in fact be cursed, Thomas is relieved everyone can finally put it behind them.

”The fans are living it now. Enjoy,” said Thomas, who was on the Bills teams that reached and lost four consecutive Super Bowl appearances in the early 1990s. ”It’s time to create some other memories.”

Even former Bills players who never earned a chance to enjoy a playoff appearance in Buffalo celebrated.

”I’m trying to live vicariously through them because I didn’t get to live it,” said punter Brian Moorman, who played for the Bills from 2001-13. ”I always said that place would go nuts if we got in the playoffs. I would’ve loved to have experienced that.”

Johnson, who eventually won a Super Bowl as a backup in Tampa Bay in 2003, was excited for the Bills and yet still carries some lingering resentment for what happened against Tennessee.

”They do all that scientific stuff now, I wonder if they ever proved that was a lateral,” he wondered. (Don’t try to convince some Bills fans, but it was studied thoroughly, including with rendered animations that showed the pass was almost perfectly horizontal but going ever so slightly backward.)

When reminded that it was ultimately the officials who made the call on Wycheck’s throw being legal, Johnson snorted.

”It wasn’t his fault, heh, it wasn’t his fault,” he said.

Wycheck insists his toss didn’t go forward and said the most disappointing development was learning of the Bills decision to fire special teams coach Bruce DeHaven following the season. He called it unfair to lay the blame on one person.

T
hongwei28

Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:50 am

Orlando Brown Jr. grew up in his father’s world.

He hung out in NFL locker rooms. He learned the mentality required of a successful offensive lineman. He even began to value the college diploma his father never earned.

Now the massive Oklahoma tackle is about to enter a different universe Rams Game Jerseys , one in which he will be poked and prodded, measured and compared. And he will no doubt hear a litany of questions about his late, great, dear old dad.

”I don’t necessarily model my game after him,” Brown said Thursday at the NFL’s annual scouting combine in Indianapolis. ”I can’t really study dad because it’s a different game. So much has changed between 1993 and now.”

Make no mistake, the same traits Orlando ”Zeus” Brown used to carve out a more than decade-long career with the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Ravens still work.

He was known as a tough, physical blocker who could steamroll anyone in his way.

The second-generation star still relies on power but understands he must be leaner and more athletic to succeed in today’s up-tempo, no-huddle track meets.

Still, he was born into the family business.

”I’ve been fat my whole life,” he said when asked if ever didn’t want to play on the line. ”I wish I was fast. If I was 6-foot-2, I’d probably be playing DB. But God blessed me.”

With dad’s genes.

Brown fins himself in good company this weekend. There are plenty of family ties around Indy.

Some, like Brown and running back Chris Warren III, are now playing their fathers’ positions.

Others have more recent ties – especially among the linemen.

The brother of Michigan State’s Brian Allen, Jack, has played the last two seasons with the New Orleans Saint The brother of UCLA’s Scott Quessenberry, David, suited up for the Houston Texans last December after waging a long battle with non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

Notre Dame offensive lineman Mike McGlinchey even claimed to try catching passes from cousin Matt Ryan of the Atlanta Falcons.

”We went out and he started throwing passes to me and the balls were going over my head every time,” said McGlinchey, a high school tight end at the time. ”I said `What are you doing? He said `That’s where Julio (Jones) usually is. I told him, `Ok, I’m not that guy.”’

Nobody has a bigger legacy to fulfill than Brown.

He described his play that first season in Norman Chargers Game Jerseys , Oklahoma, as ”really bad.”

Since then, there have been few complaints.

Brown started 40 consecutive games for the Sooners and was twice named an All-American. He insisted he wouldn’t leave school until he had a first-round projection.

At 6-8, 360 pounds, Brown could be one of the biggest players chosen in this class.

The problem: He did only 14 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press, the lowest total of any lineman who has lifted at the combine.

Brown knows it’s a problem that must be corrected at his pro day and the stigma could stick with him through the end of April.

”I didn’t stick to my breathing routine,” he said. ”That’s the lowest number I’ve done.”

But Brown has repeatedly demonstrated his strength on and off the field.

When his father died from diabetic ketoacidosis in September 2011, the grieving son’s academics suffered.

Things deteriorated so much the University of Tennessee pulled a scholarship offer.

Then, Brown woke up.

”I made up my mind to not ever let academics be a problem again,” he said.

It hasn’t been.

Yet with so much at stake over the next three months, Brown must show that he’s more than just a big, passionate player who enjoys studying the game and the history of it.

He must carve out his own identity in this new football world.

”I think my biggest asset is my football I.Q. I understand the game, I understand the NFL, I understand what it takes,” Brown said. ”I’ve always loved football and the personnel part and I learned a lot by growing up around it.”

Note: Army offensive lineman Brett Toth said he has applied for a waiver to enter the NFL but has not yet been given any assurance it will be granted by draft weekend. ”I hear occasionally they’ve been talking about it. But they have other things far more important than me. They’ve got to worry about the whole Middle East.”

To say Kole Calhoun was struggling would be an understatement.

When the Los Angeles Angels‘ right fielder was placed on the disabled list June 2 with a strained right oblique, he was in a 12-for-122 slump (.098), dropping his season average to .145.

“Every day is a new day,” Calhoun told the Orange County Register last week. “You’ve still got to go out and perform. I’m not thinking about it much honestly. I just want to go out and have a good game. Just going out and trying to help the team win.”

He did that Wednesday, going 3 for 5 with a home run and three RBIs as the Angels snapped the host Seattle Mariners‘ eight-game winning streak with a 7-4 victory. The teams wrap up their three-game series Thursday night at Safeco Field.

Calhoun has hit two home runs in his past three games after hitting just three in his previous 62. Since returning from the DL on June 18, he’s batting .306 (15-for-49) with three doubles, four home runs Dolphins Game Jerseys , seven RBIs and 10 runs scored.

That’s helped Calhoun raise his batting average to .180.

He even returned to the leadoff spot in the batting order last week in Baltimore, a spot he held in previous seasons.

“Kole has made some adjustments and hopefully it will pay off,” Angels manager Mike Scioscia told The Register.

Scioscia said one key for Calhoun is he’s been more selective at the plate as of late.

“He’s had a good eye in previous years,” Scioscia said. “It’s been a part of his game, but it’s been elusive this year.”

The Angels will send rookie right-hander Jaime Barria (5-4, 3.40 ERA) to the mound Thursday in place of left-hander Tyler Skaggs, who was placed on the disabled list Wednesday with a right adductor strain. Barria suffered a 6-3 loss on June 12 at Seattle, allowing three runs (two earned) on eight hits in five innings.

The Mariners are scheduled to start left-hander Marco Gonzales (8-5, 3.77 ERA). Gonzales is 0-0 with a 4.66 ERA in four career starts against the Angels, including two earlier this season.

Gonzales is coming off his first career complete game in a 4-1 victory against Kansas City. Gonzales lost the shutout bid on Mike Moustakas’ two-strike, two-out single in the ninth inning.

“It’s a culmination of a lot of hard work this year and having the right guys behind me,” Gonzales said after his last start. “Those guys played incredible defense behind me and when your team gives you a lead in the first half of the game, you inch closer to eyeing the end. From the first inning I just had the mentality that this is my game and I’m going to go as deep as I can.”

Gonzales has been a big part of Seattle’s success this season after earning the No. 5 spot in the rotation this spring.

“He’s matured, there’s no question,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said of Gonzales. “It always works better when guys earn it. He has a lot of confidence right now because everything that’s happened this year, he’s earned. From coming into spring training, winning a spot in our rotation, he continues to build throughout the season.”
hongwei28

Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:57 am

The Mariners placed starting catcher Mike Zunino on the 10-day disabled list Thursday due to a bruised left ankle.

Manager Scott Servais said Zunino rolled his ankle running the bases late in Seattle’s 7-4 loss Wednesday to the Los Angeles Angels.

Zunino was immediately sent in for X-rays on Thursday http://www.chargersauthorizedshops.com/ ... nes-jersey , and had his foot immobilized in a boot in the clubhouse before the series finale.

”It’s not good news,” Servais said.

Chris Herrmann takes over as the starting catcher, and David Freitas was recalled from Triple-A Tacoma to serve as the backup.

Zunino is batting .189 with 12 home runs and 29 RBIs this season. He is just 2 for 13 during the Mariners’ current homestand http://www.chargersauthorizedshops.com/ ... ite-jersey , but came on as a pinch hitter Wednesday, and got a hit and walked.

Zunino spent three weeks on the DL earlier in the season with a strained left oblique.

CLEVELAND BROWNS (0-16)

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: RB Isaiah Crowell; LB Tank Carder.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: DL Jamie Meder.

NEEDS: S, maybe LT. Cleveland figured to be in market for veteran quarterback http://www.dolphinsauthorizedshops.com/ ... age-jersey , but that changed Friday when team acquired Tyrod Taylor in trade with Buffalo. Arrival of dynamic Taylor would seem to rule out Browns making run at AJ McCarron or any other free agent QBs. Still, team is expected to use No. 1 overall draft pick on a young QB to compete with Taylor or maybe start at some point in 2018. Browns also added wide receiver Jarvis Landry via trade, but would like to add depth at what has been troublesome position. Star left tackle Joe Thomas still hasn’t told team if he plans to keep playing or retire. If Thomas is done http://www.dolphinsauthorizedshops.com/ ... the-jersey , team will need to address replacing future Hall of Famer. Browns have been league’s youngest team past two seasons and need infusion of both talent and experience in free agency.

AVAILABLE SALARY CAP SPACE (approximately): $113 million.