alled from Triple-A Reno last wee

Middlemen threads and vouches belong here.
carrie567

Thu May 16, 2019 5:55 am

MADRID, Spain -- Players past and present paid their respects to Luis Aragones on Sunday at the funeral of the former Spain coach in Madrid. Barcelona players Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas and Carles Puyol -- who played under Aragones when Spain won the 2008 European Championship -- all visited La Paz cemetery for Sundays funeral, a day after Aragones died after a battle with leukemia. He was 75. Among those in attendance were former Atletico Madrid teammates Adelardo Rodriguez, Miguel Reina and Miguel San Roman, as well as former players Pedja Mijatovic, Fernando Hierro and Andoni Zubizarreta. All Spanish league games are holding one minutes silence in honour of Aragones this weekend, with Atletico remembering its former player and coach before its match against Real Sociedad. DeAndre Hopkins Jersey . Kerber will next play Estonias Kaia Kanepi, who beat American qualifier Victoria Duval 6-1, 6-3. In other first-round matches, Lucie Safarova beat 2010 French Open champion Francesca Schiavone 6-4, 6-4 and American Bethanie Mattek-Sands had a 6-4, 6-3 win over Canadas Eugenie Bouchard. Houston Texans Jerseys .com) - Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price is set to return Tuesday against Nashville after sitting out the past two games because of a minor upper body injury. http://www.officialhoustontexanspro.com ... ns-jersey/. A top pitching prospect, one who the ball club is pinning some of its future hopes, takes the spot of a veteran who once was viewed as a future ace but who, to this point, hasnt realized his potential and may never. Custom Houston Texans Jerseys . Matt Carkner got back into the Ottawa lineup, and made his presence felt right away by settling his clubs score in a one-sided fight with Rangers forward Brian Boyle. Andre Johnson Jersey .com) - Baltimore Ravens running back Justin Forsett is active for Sundays matchup with the Miami Dolphins. DENVER -- The Arizona Diamondbacks finally gave Paul Goldschmidt a night off, and recent call-up Nick Evans filled in quite nicely for the first baseman. Evans and Chris Owings hit back-to-back homers, rookie Chase Anderson won his fourth straight start and the Diamondbacks beat the slumping Colorado Rockies 4-2 on Tuesday. The solo shot by Evans in the fourth was his first homer since Sept. 3, 2011, when he was with the New York Mets. He wasnt sure if a moment like this would ever arrive again, especially after missing most of 2012 with a broken hand and not having a job last season until the Diamondbacks called a few days before the season -- with only a spot open at Double-A Mobile. The veteran still jumped at the chance. "You start to question," said Evans, who was recalled from Triple-A Reno last week. "Its not easy to get here. ... This is definitely satisfying." Evans was in the lineup because manager Kirk Gibson decided it was a good time to rest Goldschmidt. It was the sluggers first day off of the season after 59 straight games, one shy of the club record of 60 set by Travis Lee in 1998. Maybe another break for Goldschmidt on Wednesday? "Yeah, I wouldnt count on that," Evans said. "If I was a betting man, Id count on him being in there." Anderson (4-0) was hardly intimidated by hitter friendly Coors Field or one of the top lineups in the league. He didnt overpower the Rockies so much as keep them guessing, throwing six effective innings in his longest outing since he was recalled from Reno on May 6. He becomes the fifth rookie since 1998 to win his opening four starts. The right-hander allowed four hits and one run -- a homer by D.J. LeMahieu -- to help the Diamondbacks stop a three-game skid. "I tried to stick with my game plan, pitch off that," Anderson said. "If you try to pitch to the park, sometimes youre not very successful." Jorge De La Rosa (6-4) settled down after a shaky start, giving up three runs in seven innings. The hard-throwing lefty didnt have a strikeout forr the first time this season, and his six-game winning streak came to an end.dddddddddddd. Evans homer came on a fastball, and then four pitches later Owings hit a cutter into the stands. "I didnt have my best stuff," De La Rosa said. "I just kept trying to work my way through and go as far as I can. I think I did a good job." The Rockies opened a 10-game homestand with their fifth straight loss. The best-hitting team in baseball just finished a dismal road swing in which it went 2-7 and averaged less than three runs a game. If this bad stretch wasnt bad enough, the Rockies could be losing one of their top players. Outfielder Carlos Gonzalez was removed in the sixth after irritating his left index finger. He just might be headed for the disabled list in order to give a finger thats nagged him most of the season a chance to heal. "Were at a point where weve got to make a decision on this and see whats best for him and whats best for our club," manager Walt Weiss said. Colorado struggled against Anderson, who mixed a fastball that barely crept into the 90s with a sharp curve and a splendid changeup. Anderson also benefited from an overturned call at the plate in the second that kept the game scoreless. Wilin Rosario was ruled safe by umpire Jerry Layne after sliding past the tag of catcher Miguel Montero. As Montero protested, Gibson trotted out of the dugout to challenge the play. The call was reversed when replays showed Montero tagged Rosario on the back before touching home. "That was awesome," Anderson said. "I saw that Miggy did tag him, but I wasnt sure if it was in time. Luckily, it was in time." NOTES: Arizona recalled INF Didi Gregorius from Triple-A Reno and placed INF Cliff Pennington (sprained left thumb) on the disabled list. Gibson said Pennington will undergo surgery. ... It was the third time this season the Diamondbacks have hit back-to-back homers. ... Owings also added an RBI double and finished a single shy of the cycle. ... The umpires used replay to check the count in the fourth. Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '